IMPORTANT NOTICE: Candidates already admitted into the Institute's courses during any previous admission are not eligible to reapply for fresh admission. They may, however, apply to rejoin Term I as a repeater in the branch they were already admitted into.
- Candidates must carefully read through the Institute's Prospectus and acquaint themselves with the rules and regulations for admission into the Institute.
- Please note that the admission process for this session 2020-21 will be purely ONLINE and there will NO physical submission of the hard copies of the completed application forms.
- Candidates are advice to visit the website regularly for being updated with the latest information.
- The only time for submission of physical documents will be done after the publication of merit list of provisional selected candidates where ONLY the provisional selected candidates will come for Scrutiny/Enrolment to Shillong Polytechnic on the dates allotted for them which will be displayed on the webportal.
- Please note that the provisional selected candidates are to report for Scrutiny/Enrolment to the Institute on the dates allotted to them and not on any other day. Failure to report on the appointed date will automatically result in forfeiting his/her seat.
- While submitting an application online, a candidate is held solely responsible for any information provided therein. Any candidate found providing false information will have his/ her candidature cancelled immediately.
- Candidates must ensure that all the details provided in the form are correct and all the upload scanned copies of the documents to be clearly visible (ie, Name, Age, Caste Status, Marks etc). If there is any discrepancies in the details/documents provided, his/her candidature will be cancelled immediately.
- To apply for Online Application, a candidate must have to Login with his registered email address. If the candidate has not yet registered in our website, he/ she must have to Register first to be able to fill up his/ her application form. Only applying candidate should register and not the parents/guardian. Please note down your login ID and Password for future reference.
- Candidates must fill up only authentic data because some of the fields are non-editable later on. Please keep all relevant documents ready on your table (also in soft copy (properly scanned) required for uploading) at the time of registration and filling up of your application form.
- It is mandatory for a candidate to fill up all the options of the branches preferred by him / her in a single application form. No option is to be left blank. More than one application from one candidate will not be permissible at all and may even lead to cancellation of a candidate's application altogether.
- The contact number provided in the application form must be an actual working number. The Institute will not be held responsible if a selected / wait-listed candidate fails to enrol for admission within the stipulated time (thus automatically forfeiting his / her seat), should the contact number provided in the application form be found to be a non-working number.
- Educational Qualifications and age restrictions: A candidate must have passed Secondary School Leaving Certificate (10+) examination conducted by the Meghalaya Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent conducted by a recognized Board / Council securing at least 40 % in Mathematics and 40 % in Science in the case of Scheduled Caste / Tribe communities of Meghalaya, in order to be considered eligible for admission. Candidates belonging to General / OBC category must secure at least 45 % in Mathematics and 45 % in Science in order to be considered eligible for admission. A candidate belonging to SC / ST category must not be older than 24 years as on July 1, 2020. A candidate belonging to General / OBC category must not be older than 21 years as on July 1, 2020, relaxable by 5 (five) years for persons with disabilities and 1 (one) year for candidates who have passed HSSLC (12+).
- Candidates must carefully check their online application details for any errors before finally submitting their forms online. All documents to be uploaded should be correctly uploaded in the fields provided. Once Final Submit button is pressed, the Institute will not be held responsible for such errors. Only after completing the relevant entries, the online application form should be submitted using the button Final Submit. After the application form is submitted, the candidates are instructed to note down the Application Number for future reference.
- Candidate is instructed to take printout of the application form. The candidate is instructed to bring the printed application form at the time of Scrutiny /Enrolment along with relevant documents (in original).
- The following documents both in Original and Xerox copy must accompany the application form at the time Scrutiny/Enrolment.
- The admission results will be displayed in the Institute's website.
(a). DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE OF AGE (BIRTH CERTIFICATE/ TRUE COPY OF ADMIT CARD).
(b). MARKSHEET OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATION PASSED.
(c). CLASS X ADMIT CARD.
(d). ST/SC/OT CERTIFICATE FROM DISCTRICT AUTHORITY (FROM DC OR SDO (CIVIL) OR SUB DIVISION).
(e). PERMANENT RESIDENT CERTIFICATE (PRC) IN CASE OF NON-TRIBALS: FROM DC OR SDO (CIVIL) OR SUB DIVISION OR THE DISTRICT MAGISTRATE IN WHICH THE APPLICANT RESIDES).
(f). UPTO-DATE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE FROM THE HEAD OF THE INSTITUTION LAST ATTENDED.
(g). CERTIFICATE FROM THE EMPLOYER IF THE CANDIDATE IS ALREADY EMPLOYED.
(h). NCC/ NSS CERTIFICATE, IF ANY.
(i). CERTIFICATE FOR A PERSON WITH DIFFERENT ABILITY (PWD), IF APPLICABLE.