IMPORTANT NOTICE: Candidates already admitted into the Institute's courses during any previous admission are not eligible to reapply for fresh admission. They may, however, apply to rejoin Term I as a repeater in the branch they were already admitted into.
- Candidates must carefully read through the Institute's prospectus and acquaint themselves with the rules and regulations for admission into the Institute.
- While submitting an application online, a candidate is held solely responsible for any information provided therein. Any candidate found providing false information will have his/ her candidature cancelled immediately.
- To Apply or check your application status click on Online Application menu, a candidate must have to Login with his registered email address. If the candidate has not yet registered in our website, he/ she must have to Register first to be able to fill up his/ her application form. Only applying candidate should register and not the parents/guardian.
- Candidates must fill up only authentic data because some of the fields are non-editable later on. Please keep all relevant documents ready on your table (also in soft copy required for uploading) at the time of registration and filling up of your application form.
- It is mandatory for a candidate to fill up all the options of the branches preferred by him / her in a single application form. No option is to be left blank. More than one application from one candidate will not be permissible at all and may even lead to cancellation of a candidate's application altogether.
- The contact number provided in the application form must be an actual working number. The Institute will not be held responsible if a selected / wait-listed candidate fails to enroll for admission within the stipulated time (thus automatically forfeiting his / her seat), should the contact number provided in the application form be found to be a non-working number.
- Educational Qualifications and age restrictions: A candidate must have passed Secondary School Leaving Certificate (10+) examination conducted by the Meghalaya Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent conducted by a recognized Board / Council securing at least 40 % in Mathematics and 40 % in Science in the case of Scheduled Caste / Tribe communities of Meghalaya, in order to be considered eligible for admission. Candidates belonging to General / OBC category must secure at least 45 % in Mathematics and 45 % in Science in order to be considered eligible for admission. A candidate belonging to SC / ST category must not be older than 24 years as on July 1, 2019. A candidate belonging to General / OBC category must not be older than 21 years as on July 1, 2019, relaxable by 5 (five) years for persons with disabilities and 1 (one) year for candidates who have passed HSSLC (12+).
- When relevant entries and uploads in the application form is done, the candidate is requested to proceed to payment section by clicking the Payment of Application Fee menu. Please print the e-payment receipt and note down the transaction number or the SBCollect Reference Number
for future reference.
Application without payment of Application fee will not be process at any circumstances.
- Candidates must carefully check their online application details for any errors before finally submitting their forms online. Once Final Submit button is pressed, the Institute will not be held responsible for such errors. Only after completing the relevant entries, the online application form should be submitted using the button Final Submit. After the application form is submitted, the candidates are instructed to note down the Application Number for future reference.
- Candidate is instructed to take two printouts of the application form, one hard copy must be submitted to the Office of the Principal, Shillong Polytechnic, Shillong and another copy must be kept with him/ her for future requirements. The candidate is instructed to bring the printed application form and the e-payment receipt at the time of Screening Test/ Interview along with relevant documents.
- A xerox copy of each document as stated in the CHECK LIST must be attached along with a printout of your online application form at the time of submission of the hard copy on or before the specified last date.
- After the Screening Test/ Interview the admission results will be displayed in the Institute's website and also in the Institute's notice boards. In this regard, the date of publication of the admission results will be given wide publicity via AIR, DD, DIPR as well as the local newspapers.
- Clich here::Instructions for Payment of the Application fee::
The following documents must accompany the application form at the time of submission of hard copy:
(a). AFFIX A RECENT COLOR PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH IN THE SPACE PROVIDED AND SIGNED ACROSS.
(b). COPY OF DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE OF AGE (BIRTH CERTIFICATE/ TRUE COPY OF ADMIT CARD).
(c). COPY OF MARKSHEET OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATION PASSED.
(d). COPY OF CLASS X ADMIT CARD.
(e). COPY OF ST/SC/OT CERTIFICATE FROM DISCTRICT AUTHORITY (FROM DC OR SDO (CIVIL) OR SUB DIVISION).
(f). COPY OF PERMANENT RESIDENT CERTIFICATE (PRC) IN CASE OF NON-TRIBALS: FROM DC OR SDO (CIVIL) OR SUB DIVISION OR THE DISTRICT MAGISTRATE IN WHICH THE APPLICANT RESIDES).
(g). COPY OF UPTO-DATE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE FROM THE HEAD OF THE INSTITUTION LAST ATTENDED.
(h). CERTIFICATE FROM THE EMPLOYER IF THE CANDIDATE IS ALREADY EMPLOYED.
(i). COPY OF E-Payment RECEIPT/ PAYMENT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RS 100.00 THROUGH State Bank Collect.
(j). COPY OF NCC/ NSS CERTIFICATE, IF ANY.
(k). COPY OF CERTIFICATE FOR A PERSON WITH DIFFERENT ABILITY (PWD), IF APPLICABLE.